Wednesday, January 11, 2012

#133 - Samson



While I wasn't raised with any particular religion in the house, some biblical stories did make it into my childhood (I think a lot of them were through sneaky cartoons my grandma showed me!) For some reason I was always drawn to the story of Samson and Delilah. I'm not sure if it was my budding feminism recognizing a strong women or what the reason, but it's one of the few stories I remember. I really like this song because it is written from the perspective of Delilah. While the tune is wandering and was really difficult to sing, I wanted to take a stab at this song mostly for the power in the lyrics.

Also, my hair seems to want to butt part all the time now, I guess it just knows that deep down I really am a hippy.

No comments:

Post a Comment