Sunday, October 2, 2011

#42 - You Know I'm No Good



Song - You Know I'm No Good
Artist - Amy Winehouse

Say what you will about Amy Winehouse, I thought she was a pretty amazing musician. She had a powerful strong voice that seemed to big for her body. So sad that she had to go and die and all....

I think it's annoying when people don't sing in their own voice. When American singers put on a British accent or the other way around, for example. When people do Amy Winehouse songs at karaoke they often try to take on her "sound" really soulful and bluesy, but you can totally tell it's not their normal voice. This always bugs me, but I found it really hard not to do it when I did this song. I tried really hard to tone it down because it honestly sounded pretty awful when I had my Winehouse voice going.

Oof, I have feeling this video will make cringe when I go back and watch it in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment