Monday, August 29, 2011

#8 - These Boots are Made for Walkin'



Song - These Boots are Made for Walkin'
Artist - Nancy Sinatra

If you haven't seen the video for this song, check it out because it's amazing. So much turtle neck and leotard action you won't know what to do with yourself.

Songs like this make me realize that I really am afraid of finger picking. I've never understood how some people can just find the melody and run with it, making things up as they go along. I read music as a kid and I'm kind of a follow the rules kind of gal, so when there are no rules, what's a girl to do? So I'm going to try to find more songs that will let me ease my way into playing more "lead" ukulele parts (is that even what you would call it?) I found some tabs for "Bang Bang" and if I take it slow maybe I'll be able to do it by Christmas or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment