Tuesday, December 27, 2011

#122 - You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile



Song - You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile
Artist - Martin Charnin and Charles Strouse (From Annie)

I don't know why this song popped into my head recently, but I do love it. Though Annie is not one of my favorite musicals (child actors give the creeps a little) it has some amazing musical numbers. I once heard an interview with one of the composers for the play and he said he intentionally wrote the numbers way too high for a child's range. His intention was to create excitement for the audience as the kids would reach for these notes. Interesting concept!

Also while dinking around for different versions of the song I found this:



Does the littlest girl look familiar? Maybe a little like this?


Woah! Creepy child actor status confirmed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment