Sunday, September 11, 2011

#21 - Paparazzi



Song - Paparazzi
Artist - Lady Gaga

Here's my first attempt at a modern pop song! Aside from looking like high notes are actually causing me physical pain at times, I think it went alright. I really need to gain control of my face!

I'm trying to get a feel for which songs are better for the ukulele and others that might be better suited for the banjo/uke. What it comes down to is my recording capabilities are not great so if it's a song I can sing with some umph behind it, the banjo/uke works just fine. If the song is a little higher though or I can't get a lot of power behind it, the little uke is better because it has a softer sound. Of course some songs (Rainbow Connection and Little Boxes for example) just demand the sound of the banjo so there is no debate! I can see how some people end up owning a ton of ukuleles though!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to pretend you did this one for me and Beth cause we love Gaga so much. =)

    ReplyDelete